The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying commercial data driven product website, from layout to function and according to client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Web Developer Job Duties:
- Regular exposure to stakeholders, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- 3-5 years of commercial web application development experience
- Ability to design and develop a customer-facing web app from scratch (UI, Business Logic & Persistence Layers)
- Versatile, experienced in all technical facets of development
- Product development experience
- Ability to work with minimum documentation and more verbal communication in a fast paced environment with changing/evolving requirements
- Use cloud-based hosting platforms such as Rackspace, Amazon EC2 etc.
- Experience using modern web frameworks, development tools & continuous build environments
- Retail background preferred
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications: